Tuesday, November 30, 2010

350 - It Ain't Just a Number on the Oven Dial

Heavens to Betsy, it's a miracle! My oven does "heat up."
(You'd never believe that I really do cook, sometimes, would ya?)

"Honey, it's already dead. No really, trust me.
That's what it looks like before the 

restaurant people serve it to us."
"Dear Santa, all I want for Christmas is
...a bigger kitchen...and a maid...and a nanny....and..."

And, here is the proof that it really did taste okay.
dB is eating leftovers with Smudge.
He hates to eat with Smudge (notice that his ears are laid back)
but this time he wasn't gonna let Smudge get all of the leftovers.
The kids survived my "heating up!"
Shewwww! What a relief. :)
(They love that old, pink, worn-out Jeep,
- it doesn't even have a battery anymore
 but they don't know it. They just push
 each other around the yard in it.
Sometimes, they just sit in it together.
I have no idea where they're going - do they? -
but it's fun getting there.hahaha)




These big smiles represent my favorite "tradition" (2 years in a row makes it a tradition, right?) of Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving night we put on our new Christmas Pjs and watch,
"The Scary Train Movie," also known in some circles as
"The Polar Express," downstairs on Daddy's BIG Tv
(it's a projector with a screen 

so the little boy experience is intense)
We have "hot chok-co-lot!" and popcorn to go with the movie.
In this photo, Middle Child and Wild Child are
laughing out loud at the hot air popper as it shoots popcorn out.
(Simple Kids-what do you expect from a mom that lets them play with an old dilapidated Jeep without a battery? hahaha)


This is my favorite part of Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. Your Thanksgiving dinner looks wonderful! You even have a centerpiece. These are great pictures! Smudge and dB look like they're getting bigger. Congratulations on a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was like, "I EVEN have flowers." hahahaha Thanks!

    Smudge and dB may be getting FAT soon-what else am I gonna do with all that turkey? :)

    ReplyDelete